I have been stamping a lot recently, mainly for customers wanting to give someone an extra special / thoughtful gift. And to be honest after all this stamping I’m unsure on how I feel about the process.
I absolutely love:
– You can stamp anything
– You can completely personalise a piece of jewellery
– It’s one of a kind
– You can make the stamping noticeable of subtle
– The words can take someone back to a memory or feel a certain emotion
– I don’t know how it will turn out (hit and hope technique)
– It makes me nervous
– I have been known to stamp the wrong letter half any through (start again L)
– The stamp can move (start again L)
– I can’t make it look neat, it has a very distinct style
Let me know how you feel, do you like / dislike stamping?
See a pic of a father’s day ring I made with a personalised message below. (excuse my ugly hands)