Whoop Christmas is coming!! Now Halloween is over and Christmas is slowly creeping in, just a few weeks away I have been super busy sawing these cute copper reindeer!
Each reindeer is made by hand and has a polished finish which catches the light beautifully. They make beautiful handmade Copper Reindeer Christmas Tree Decoration, perfect for any tree! The reindeer’s are approximately 80mm by 50mm.
Each Reindeer differs slightly as they are handmade which just adds to the magical charm!
For sale on our Etsy Shop for £7.50 per reindeer.
Posted in Handmade, Products
Tagged Animals, art, beautiful, bespoke, blog, Christmas, christmas tree, copper, Copper Reindeer, Creative, Cute, deer, design, handmade, made by hand, polished, reindeer, tree, unique, xmas
Have you been to Billingshurst? Well there is a lovely shop called Billingshurst Creatives!
Well this shop is a fantastic new co-operative shop run by local artists, in the historic village of Billingshurst, West Sussex. All of the amazing traders accept commissions and can work with you to create something truly unique for yourself or as a special gift.
There is a range of great of products that would make great gifts for Christmas!
See our lovely part of the shop below
All the artists take it in turns to run the shop so pop in and say hello!
Posted in Blogs, crafts, Handmade
Tagged art, Artists, bespoke, billingshurst creatives, billingshurt, blog, Christmas, crafters, crafts, gift, gifts, handmade, shop
We are very please to be in last months issue of Sussex Life. They wrote a lovely article about Pretty Things Horsham & added a little section with a few bits we’re selling at the shop.
Pretty Things is a lovely coffee shop in Horsham with a unique and glamorous décor. They sell some amazing homemade cakes and offer lovely afternoon teas. The shop is full the the brim of beautiful gifts from local designers and have evening & weekend workshops where you can learn to make Christmas Crackers by Make do Trend and much more!
We are currently selling our greeting cards, ceramics and new to the shop this week our our lovely laser cut acrylic Reindeer and new earring range which include cute Squirrel’s & Bird all cut by hand and made from Sterling Silver.
Posted in Blogs, Products
Tagged beautiful, coffee shop, Craft, décor, for sale, gifts, glamorous, handmade, horsham, local designers, magazine, Make do Trend, pretty things, Pretty Things Horsham, shop, Sussex Life, tea
I have been busy working away in the studio (my conservatory haha) and have really been getting into making teeny tiny little squirrel earrings. I saw them all my hand which makes them all slightly different giving them a charming handmade appearance (though I try very hard to make them as similar as possible,) they all have a polished finish as I LOVE shiny things however am happy to make a satin finish.
I love pairing up the squirrel lovers and have been selling lots of the lovely pairs at my craft fairs and they are now even on sale in my Etsy shop for only £12.50!
Let me know what woodland animal earrings you would like to see.
Posted in Handmade, Jewellery, Products
Tagged Animals, beautiful, bespoke, Craft, Creative, Cute, design, Earrings, etsy, jeweller, Jewellery, Jewelry, Lovely Deer, shop, Silver, squirrel, Woodland
Well we will are doing a few craft fairs with these lovely folks, the first fair is the wonderful newly regenerated Brighton Open Market on 23rd November 2014, from 10.30am to 4.30pm on Marshalls Row, London Road, BN1 4JU.
And the very exciting Christmas fair at Brighton Racecourse, there will be over 100 whimsically festive stalls! This is based in Brighton Racecourse, Freshfield Rd, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 9XZ, from 10am to 4pm.
Hopefully we might see some of you at these great fairs, buying some unique one of a kind Christmas gifts.
Posted in Blogs, Products
Tagged accessories, Animals, art, bespoke, blog, blogs, Brighton, brighton open market, Brighton race course, Christmas, Craft, craft fair, Creative, fair, gift, presents, The Fairy Tale Fair, xmas
Step by step guide on how to make a Pinny
- Find a fabric you love!
- Cut your Pinny Fabric – 60cms x 50cm
- Cut your Pinny Pocket Fabric – 60cms x 20cm
- Cut your Waistband Fabric – 50cms x 11cms
- Place the Pocket fabric over the Pinny fabric, Hem the top of the fabric to give a nice finish (1 cm hem.) Don’t forget to back stitch at the start and end of the fabric.
- Sew both fabrics together starting at the bottom of the pinny with a 1 cm hem (the not nice hemmed end). It maybe easier to iron the overlap before sewing.
- Stitch the pockets, I used a fun zig zag option on the machine, I had two pockets so measured in 20cms from both sides and stitched from the top of the pocket to the bottom of the pinny (remember reserve stitch, mainly because I have never done this before in my life as I am not great at sewing.)
- Gathering the skirt – Set your machine stitch length to a long stitch. Without back stitching at the start or the finish sew across the top of the apron skirt. Repeat this just inside the first row of stitching.
- Take the bottom thread stitching and holding the apron skirt pull into a gather. Do this on both sides of the apron skirt until the apron fits the width of the waistband around 50cms.
- I used ribbon for the ties with a width on roughly 2cms and stitched the ribbon around 1 inch into the fabric and an 1 inch ½ from the top of the pinny on both sides
- Place a 1cm hem on the waistband fabric and place equally around the top of the pinny and stitch.
- We are nearly finished! Now I just turned the sides over by a 1cm and ironed the hem flat and stitched.
Now I am not saying I made the best looking pinny in town, but I gave in a good try and I was quite impressed with the outcome as a non sewer. I would have preferred to glue to all together but I think it worked well.
It took me 3 hours and if you fancy making a pinny give it a go I will be wearing this to by next craft fair. If you need any help while making let me know or if you have any helpful hints please share :)
Posted in Handmade, Workshop
Tagged apron, Craft, fabric, hand sewn, handmade, hem, pinny, Pocket Fabric, ribbon, sew, sewing, sewing machine, sewing session, Stitch, thread, tutorial, workshop
I thought I would share my latest commission with you for a cat bangle (sorry about the poor photos!) I drew a range of cat bangle ideas and ended up with the one below and created this lovely silver cat cuff bangle. It came from the idea of a sausage cat bangle and a lot of people commented saying it looks either like a cat chasing another cat, I will let you decide. I also stamped 3 little cat whiskers and gave the outside of the bangle a high polish and inside I made a satin finish.
I would love any feedback below and have already started drawing up sausage dog bangle ideas!
Posted in Blogs, Handmade, Jewellery
Tagged Animals, art, Bangle, beautiful, bespoke, blog, Bracelet, cat, cat bangle, commission, Craft, Creative, cuff, cuff bangle, Cute, handmade, high polish, ideas, intricate, Silver, Sterling silver